Last updated: March 31, 2020.
Sharing your information
What we collect
If you sign up for beta, we collect the email address you provided when you signed up for beta.
When you create a mia account, you provide us with personal information that includes your first and last name, username, email and a password.
We collect your user contributions, such as the content you create, upload, or receive from others when using the Services. This includes things like models you upload, apps you create, photos and videos you save, and reviews and comments you make on apps you find on mia.
We collect information related to your communications with us, including emails you send to us and information you may provide to us in surveys or questionnaires.
We collect data about how you use and interact with mia using a variety of tools, including Google Analytics. This data may include error reports, performance data, troubleshooting and help data, location data and information about your device and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and the browser you use.
Why we collect this data
We collect this data to:
- Provide the Services - We use your information to display and run the models you have uploaded and the apps you have created on your mia Account. When you create an app on mia and it is saved to the home page, we display your name and username along with the app so that other mia users know it was created by you.
- Maintain & improve the Services - We also use your information to ensure the Services are working as intended, such as tracking errors or troubleshooting issues, and to make improvements to the Services.
- Develop new services - We use the information we collect in the existing Services to develop new features on mia to better support all of our users' activities.
- Measure performance - We use data for analytics and measurement to understand how the Services are used.
- Communications - We use information we collect, like your email address, to interact with you directly. For example, we may let you know about upcoming changes or improvements to the Services. And if you contact mia, we’ll keep a record of your request in order to help solve any issues you might be facing.
- Protection - We use information to help improve the safety and reliability of the Services. This includes detecting, preventing, and responding to fraud, abuse, security risks, and technical issues that could harm mia, our users, or the public.
We may share the information we collect or you provide:
- With your explicit consent.
- For legal reasons:
- To meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request.
- To enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- To detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues.
- To protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of mia, our users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
Note that we may share non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners. For example, we share information publicly to show trends about the general use of the Services. We also allow specific partners, such as Google Analytics, to collect information from your browser or device for measurement purposes using their own cookies or similar technologies.
We only use trusted service providers to store the information we collect through mia
We restrict access to personal information to employees, contractors, and agents who need that information in order to process it.
Keep in mind that the safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk and we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services. If we do detect something risky that we think you should know about, we will notify you and help guide you through steps to stay better protected.
Retaining your information
We retain the data we collect for different periods of time depending on what it is and how we use it:
- Some data can be delete upon your request, such as the content you create or upload or your personal information if you request to delete your account altogether.
- Other data is deleted or anonymized automatically after a set period of time, such as advertising data in server logs.
- We keep some data unless you ask to delete your mia Account, such as information about how often you use the Services.
- Some data we retain for longer periods of time when necessary for legitimate business or legal purposes, such as security, fraud and abuse prevention, or financial record-keeping.
When you delete data, we follow a deletion process to make sure that your data is safely and completely removed from our servers or retained only in anonymized form.
Accessing and controlling your personal information
If at anytime you would like to access, change or delete your personal information that you have provided to us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
outlining your request. We will respond to requests within 30 days. We may not be able to delete your personal information except by also deleting your account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete any user contributions, copies of your user contributions may continue to be made available by mia, may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other mia users. Proper access to and use of information provided to mia, including user contributions, is governed by our Terms of Service